BEST PLACES TO HIKE IN SAN DIEGO
Great Hiking Advice from myQcare.com - http://myqcare.com/top-hiking-trails-san-diego-county - spots with beautiful views of the ocean, lakes, waterfalls, and the downtown skyline. Thanks myQcare.com!
1. Mt. Woodson Trail, aka “Potato Chip Rock” (Poway – San Diego, CA) Mt Woodson Trail, Poway, CA 92064
2. Iron Mountain Trail (Poway, San Diego, CA) Hwy 67 & Poway Rd, Poway, CA 92074
3. Cowles Mountain (San Carlos – San Diego, CA) Golfcrest Dr & Navajo Rd, San Diego, CA 92119
4. Los Penasquitos Canyon (Torrey Hills – San Diego, CA) 12115 Black Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA 92129
5. Cabrillo National Monument / Old Point Loma Lighthouse (Point Loma – San Diego, CA) 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr., San Diego CA 92106
6. Torrey Pines State Reserve (La Jolla – San Diego, CA) 12600 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
7. Cedar Creek Falls; aka Devil’s Punch Bowl (Ramona – San Diego, CA) 15519 Thornbush Rd, Ramona, CA 92065
OK everybody. Have you ever hiked the Mishe Mokwa Trail up to Sandstone Peak? No? Hmm, you better get on that quickly. Why? Well, good question…
First of all, cruising along the PCH and catching the morning breeze is already sweet in itself, but once you hit the actual trail - ideally around 7am'ish - you get magnificent vistas of just about everything that makes California unique.
Want specifics? The view from Mishe Mokwa pairs the vastness of the Pacific Ocean with the tranquil yet amazing beauty of the Santa Monica Mountains. Then there's Balance Rock followed by Inspiration Point which is right before you reach your ultimate destination - the highest point of the Santa Monica Mountains at 3,111’ altitude…yep, totally worth it.
Any doubts? Check out the pics below and then give yourself a treat, take the Mishe Mokwa Trail up to Sandstone Peak. Have fun and remember…Live the life you love!